IELTS Study Material
A good knowledge of collocations (typical word combinations) is essential for fluent and natural-sounding English, and knowledge of collocations is often tested in advanced level examinations such as Cambridge CAE, CPE and IELTS. English Collocations in Use Advanced presents and practices hundreds of collocations in typical contexts to help you improve your written and spoken English.
It also includes tips on learning strategies and ways to avoid common learner errors. The book is informed by the Cambridge International Corpus to make sure that the collocations taught are the most frequent and useful for students at each level.
- Include 60 lessons, each contains 2 pages for the theory and practice exercises.
- Approximately 1500 collocations in the concrete context, using table, graph, passages and short conversations
- A summary of collocations at the end of the books with clear explanation and answers.
- Methods for learning Collocations and how to avoid common mistakes when using collocations in speaking and writing
- Framework of the book: – Learning about collocations – Grammatical aspects of collocation – Topics: Travel and the environment – Topics: People and relationships – Topics: Leisure and lifestyle – Topics: Work and study – Topics: Society and Institutions – Basic concepts