Top 11 Phrasal Verbs to maximize your speaking score
Top 11 Phrasal Verbs
Work out: Calculate
Example: I need to work out whether I can afford to study abroad.
2. Catch up: to try to reach the same standard, stage, or level as others after you have fallen behind them (like you’re chasing someone, or with your studies)
Example: I fell behind after 1 week off from school and had to catch up.
3. Carry on: continue
Example: I’m going to carry on studying IELTS till I get the score I need – I’m not giving up!
4. Come across: To meet or find (something or someone) by chance.
Example: On the halfway back home, I came across Tom, what a coincidence!
5. Read up on: to study or learn by reading
Example: Before setting out to travel around the world, I read up on all the places I planned to visit.
6. Sort out: to find a solution to (a problem, etc), esp to make clear or tidy.
Example: It took a long time to sort out the mess.
7. Zone out: fall asleep or lose concentration or consciousness.
Example: I just zoned out for a moment after such a long drive.
8. Put up with: endure
Example: After graduating, I had to put up with many months of unpaid work before finally being given a permanent contract.
9. Come up with: to think of, develop, or find something
Example: They’ve tried their best to come up with a feasible solution to air pollution.
10. Look back on: Think about something that happened in the past
Example: When I look back on my childhood, I’m amazed by the crazy things we used to do
11. Call off: to stop or cancel
Example: They called off the football match because of the weather forecast.
Don’t Forget to Share them with your friends if you like them…